Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sweet Indulgences

Reading: My ski buddy, Lisa, gave me this book for my birthday. She even had the author sign it in Russian--very cool. The author is from the Bear River/Logan area and worked for the military and the CIA doing spy stuff during the Cold War. I really enjoyed the "spy" parts and his interactions with the Russian people. But, I skimmed and skipped the parts about his personal life. The part that left me completely dumbfounded was that he stated his favorite sweet indulgence was a Hershey's chocolate and almond bar. HUH? REALLY? You have traveled ALL over Europe. You have spent a good portion of your time living in Germany and your favorite is Hershey's? Huh!! Has he not tried Belgian, Swiss, or German chocolates? For that comment alone I give the book YY.

I am a little partial to the Swiss variety: I love the Lindt chocolate truffles and Toblerone chocolate bars. Next to those Hershey's is just wax.

What is your favorite sweet indulgence?

5 comments:

angela said...

Rum victoria's from Cummins Chocolates!

cindave said...

i could never choose just one, but i too love the creamy european chocolates. toblerone is one of them! YUM!

Salty Incisor said...

I loved train to potevka but its not so compatible with indulgeences.
My favorite is olives, salami or cheese if you are talking sweet I need dark choc dont love milk or creamy kinds.

cindave said...

Dark Chocolate with Marzipan.(Niederegger or Rittersport, either will do)(Two German chocolate brands)
Very Good

Dave

Heidi said...

OOOH I love Toblerone! For this reason I only buy it once a year. I can't let Easter pass without eating a Cadbury Creme Egg.