Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Might Be Losing It...

I might be losing it, my mental sharpness, that is. Several incidents lately have led me to that conclusion.
Incident #1 : Happened yesterday-- I was in the car with O and my ski buddy Lisa. Lisa says, "Your hair looks cute down." I said, "Thanks." (But what I was really thinking was, 'my hair is too short to wear up; I have been wearing it down for quite some time.') TWO HOURS LATER I realise she was talking about O's hair. Maybe this has nothing to do with mental sharpness and has more to do with going deaf???

Incident #2 : I am at the Joint Doctor's office-- again with O. The doctor is making small talk. She is asking O her name. She is asking me questions about symptoms, etc. Then, the Doctor says, "how old are you?" I said, "36." The Doctor says, "I was asking your daughter!" I laughed out loud. The Doctor barely cracked a smile. Maybe this has nothing to do with mental sharpness and more about my need to talk about myself???

Incident #3 : I am going into the Wisebird Bookery to buy a book....TO READ. I try to open the door. It is stuck. It is definitely stuck on the entry rug. I keep trying hoping my brute strength will prevail. Then I heard it. A voice from inside the store yells, "P U L L ! ! !". Sure enough there is a sign on the door that reads, 'Pull'. Too bad I didn't read the door because now I want to die of embarrassment. This is how the scene looked:

6 comments:

cindave said...

don't worry. just yesterday at the temple, we walked past a lady with long, dark hair, and karly said, "her hair is really pretty." my response..."Thanks!" right. been there. :)

Marianne said...

I just called the wrong Jessica asking her what time she wants to pick up her son after his playdate. Then I called the Jessica whose son I actually have.

Karly and Nick said...

You made me laugh outloud...Thanks!

Salty Incisor said...

ha ha this is funny. dontcha hate that.

Salty Incisor said...

it worked I think it was a mac probablem see we are not all that with it.
I will call you tonight is gymnastics though

Anonymous said...

Jen, The "pull" thing wouldn't be so darned funny if we all hadn't done the same thing!
The tech person was at my library; as she left I said, "these computer speakers don't work right. Have I got the right cord plugged in?" She proceeded to turn the little green light button "on"--worked great! You know me, I could write an essay on this subject!