Monday, March 15, 2010

Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Bars

Thank you, Betty Crocker, for e-mailing me this easy and delicious recipe.
It is my new favorite.

1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
(1 stick of butter and 1 egg that is called for in the cookie mix)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 pkg. (80z.) cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream

1. Make cookie dough as directed on package. Spread in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.

2. Microwave 1 cup milk chocolate chips uncovered on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat melted chocolate into cream cheese. Beat 1 cup of whipping cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipping cream into the chocolate-cream cheese mixture until well blended. Spread over cooled cookie base. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.

3. Microwave 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup whipping cream on 1-2 minutes until the chocolate is melted; whisk until the mixture is smooth. Spoon and spread the warm chocolate ganache mixture over the mousse layer evenly. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bite sized bars.

4 comments:

cindave said...

that sounds soooooooo good! i'm totally taking it to my dinner group next time i have dessert.

angela said...

It's good. I got a piece. Who would have thought ganache was so easy to make?

Burwell's Bits said...

Oh! You are SO mean to post this for a pregnant lady to read while at work WHILE she is CRAVING CHOCOLATE. I WANT SOME NOW!!!!!!!!! Please.

I will have to try this. It looks way better than the no bakes I messed up on the other night and now eat with a spoon.

Niederfam said...

I'm definitely going to try this!!! thanks for sharing.