Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Summary '09

Summer ended up being busy... which was a good thing.
Here is a small sampling of what happened (some of you might recognize your photos...Thank you for being there with a camera when I wasn't)
C was baptised. It was a long 2 weeks of birthday celebrations. In June, it rained a lot and I thought we were going to go stir-crazy.
Then a wonderful thing happened....
Grandma & Grandpa W came to visit for a few weeks!!!
Grandpa was busy building us a cool and organized garage:
They are wonderful grandparents and took the kids out to do fun things:



The kids played with friends and cousins.

With two boys we play lots of sports. We finished playing soccer (no pictures), took up golf (no pictures) and started the baseball season. E pitched some for the Yanks...

I went to NYC with my friends: the blond, the redhead, and me the brunette. (Incidentally, we did enter a bar but only to have a good Philly cheese steak and a diet coke.)




The CFO and I biked some on the tandem. And, sadly, he busted his road and mountain bikes.
We attended the CFO's High School Graduation.
We also visited with our Idaho friends .
We played lots of baseball.

"Congratulations, your son has made it on the All-Star team. You owe 30 more dollars."
So, we played more baseball. I must have spent a small fortune at the snack bar.

We celebrated the 4th "small-town" style...with giant reptiles, watched a parade, a candy CANNON, and fireworks.



Our All-Star team won the championship.

C's team also was ranked 1st and they played championship games.
(They took 2nd.)
We played at the beach.

We played in the water and boated.


This is how you surf when you live in the mountains:
In the middle of all these activities, the CFO changed jobs and began training, which he has blogged about.
Then, as our final hurrah, we took a family vacation to Washington/Seattle.
I guess you now know what my next blog will be about.

5 comments:

Karly and Nick said...

Whew! I am tired after reading that! You guys sure did a lot of fun things this summer though! Lots of cute pictures! Tell Colby we are so proud of him for being baptized! I can't wait to see the Wa. post! Give the kids hugs from us!

cindave said...

busy summer! glad we were here to share in some of it with you! and glad that some of my pictures came in handy. :) see you guys before mom and dad move out here, i hope!!!

Sweet Herb Mate Co. said...

where are all of those Seattle pics?

Niederfam said...

Can't wait to see and hear about Seattle.......

Anonymous said...

Nice blog posts. It was a glorious summer for us. I always feel like we overstay our welcome but Valeris never agrees. Perhaps that will be easier when we nearly become neighbors. We will live on opposite ends of an area of Utah that is uncommonly beautiful with more recreational venues between us than most states can boast. Perhaps we can pay you back for years of family gatherings foisted upon you because of your Older brother status and you wonderful home. The kids won't be able to ride their bikes to our house, but it won't be far. From now on you will hope our vacations are long, because that will mean we are gone from the area. We love you guys and are proud of all our kids. You being the oldest makes it a little different. I remember like it was yesterday that day you were born, your coming to the Philipeans, living in the New Mexico dessert, and all the rest of your life. I fear you are a much better father to your kids than I was and am to you. Keep up the good work "within the four walls of your home!" Love Dad Love, Dad