Thanks to http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/ I have mastered buying cold cereal at a discount. The amount of cereal I have been able to stock pile is, I dare say, pretty impressive. I even think we have a great selection. One kind of cereal is noticeably absent: Honey Nut Cheerios. The CFO points this out all the time and begs me to buy some the next time I go shopping (it is the only "sugar" cereal that is healthy enough for his approval). The problem: Honey Nut Cheerios are hardly, if ever, on sale. (General Mills knows this because Regular Cheerios, MultiGrain Cheerios, Frosted Cheerios are always on sale, but they are crap.) On the off chance HNC goes on sale, the rest of Northern Utah beats me to it and there are never any left. I can't buy cereal at regular price! I won't give General Mills that satisfaction, so we don't have any. Today was our LUCKY DAY. 

HELLO!!! The giant size, 25.5 ounce box, of Honey Nut Cheerios went on sale. Regularly priced at $6.49 each these boxes of golden goodness were on sale for $2.99 a box. PLUS, I had a coupon for an extra $2.00 off when I purchased 5 boxes. That means I got each box for $2.59... I saved $19.50! I think my cholesterol dropped 10 points just thinking about it. I know I know, I should have bought more but the shopping cart was really full. I have to go now and hide these from the kids. SHHHH, don't tell them, they can eat the Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes.

5 comments:
AWESOME! I have not been pinching my pennies like I should be, but it's one of my priorities after we get moved! I will have to call you and get the details again of how you work out your plan!
HOT DOG! that's awesome! wish you had shared that little tidbit BEFORE you bought them out! jk. i too should get the pinchingyourpennies details. good work!
How clever of you--and I did not know that HNC hardly never went on sale! My daughters in law and daughters are so smart!
I have noticed that too! I actually love regular cheerios too (but I HAVE to add sugar). I can get lots of other cereals for less than a buck a box.... but not HNC.
Nice, a teacher at school was just telling me about that website too!!! I MUST check it out!!!!!
Post a Comment