Monday, January 11, 2010

LOOK MOM..... No Edgie Wedgie

O has only been skiing 2 times this year but has made huge progress each time.

-The first time I didn't take her little backpack with attached ropes that I used to control her speed as I skied behind her. She made a huge leap that day and learned to control her speed on her own.

The second time...

- I left her Edgie WEdgie at home. An Edgie Wedgie is a device that ties the front of the skis together for those learning. It allows kids to make a "Pizza" with their skis and keeps the skier from doing the splits. It is diffucult to break kids of this, kind of like a binki (Cinda).

As you'll see in the video, no ropes, no edgie wedgie, lots of smiles and giggles. A great combination.

PS- This is also a test for the video camera for the new phone, "The Droid". How did it do?? Looks like I held the camera the wrong way. Guess that's my fault not the phone's. You'll have to tilt your head for a minute or so to see the video.

The CFO

6 comments:

The Skiing Wallaces said...

She did so good! That is awesome! Ok- I hope its not my fault you didn't have your edgie-wedgie that day. I took one off a pair of skis in the back of my car one day to help a neighbor kid, but Olivia's skis were one of the pairs in the trunk, so it could have been hers. Let me know if you are missing one :)

Nice teaching B- I mean, CFO.

Karly and Nick said...

I can't believe how good she did! Way to go Olivia! She is a little natural!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes Mandy, that was my edgie wedgie. Realized we didn't have it at parking lot at snowbasin. thought the afternoon was ruined. but blessing in disguise. thanks. you can keep the edgie wedgie. I don't plan on teaching any more kids. You have a few left!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Olivia! From experience, I know she was zooming really fast down that mtn.!

Heidi said...

I love that she is giggling the whole way down!

Charmain said...

So cute! And her little chuckle is ADORABLE!