Monday, November 2, 2009

Gotcha

Four years ago today, the CFO and I found ourselves in a government office in China anxiously awaiting to meet a little girl we had been hoping for, thinking about, praying about for 18 months. What an emotional day it was. We are so happy that O joined our family.
(We did not adopt the Chinese man in the middle....this is our guide, Micheal.)

6 comments:

Karly and Nick said...

I got a little choked up reading that! I remember being at the airport when you guys got off the airplane. I cannot imagine your family, or ours, without her! Lukas would be lost without her as a cousin! We all love her so much and are thankful she came to your family so she could be a part of ours too!

cindave said...

i second all that karly said. and it seems like an eternity ago. we're so glad she's part of our family. we love you O!!

angela said...

So why didn't you adopt the man too? That was funny. Too bad 4 years later you spent the day with her sick. But maybe it's not so bad. I always love them a little more (if that's possible) when they are sick. She looks just the same now. Fun to see pictures of her when she was a baby.

Niederfam said...

Me too!!! I LOVE little O!!!! What an AWESOME adventure!!! Too bad Michael didn't get adopted too. ;) He he he..........

Anonymous said...

I remember the gut wrenching calls from China when it was suspected Olivia may have a health problem, and then I heard the majic words. "What difference would it make now, she is ours!" That is when I knew Olivia would have a great home and would be a Princess in our family of boys. I cannot imagine life without my "Libby Doodle." Grandpa Westesnskow

Anonymous said...

The memories of it all make me a little teary too! It is quite amazing that a little spirit is sent to earth half a world away, and then through promptings and inspiration, is connected to a loving family who are teaching her how to return with them to Heavenly Father! She must be really special--Love you, Olivia(Grandma)